Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween!

Well, this was a pretty muted Halloween season for me. I enjoyed myself, but no horror movie marathons, no elaborate decorations, and I didn't even get to carve any pumpkins this year. A lot of it had to do with coming off of that medication, which has left me rather unenthusiastic about everything; I'm still evening out. And some of it has to do with our always-worsening financial situation. And everyone on Tumblr starting their Halloween celebrations at the end of August over-saturated me a tad. But there were some high points this year, including trying Fruite Brute and Yummy Mummy for the first time in my life. Looking forward to a better time next year, even though I'm not in misery or anything this year. Just going to relax today and watch The Great Pumpkin tonight.

Of course, a lot of this was reflected on my blog, too. Though busy as usual, I did even fewer Halloween posts than I originally expected I would. I didn't do my annual pumpkin post or any Tumblr finds. The mood just wasn't there for me this year. The fun of mental illness.

So, feel free to peruse my past Halloween posts. This is the ninth time I've wish you Happy Halloween on this blog! Nine years worth of Halloween! It's pretty hard to stay fresh after all that time, anyway. But, hopefully I'll be high on the spooky season next year!

(And if you were one of the people I saw online this year who didn't think it was pants-shittingly hilarious to say "spoopy," I thank you.)

I mostly put up Peanuts strips this year, but I always like to do that. The evolution of the Halloween stories is fascinating to me; they start out Norman Rockwell-ish, then become very involved in Linus' belief in the Great Pumpkin, and eventually Schulz seems to stop thinking it's funny (particularly after the animated special airs), and after running for a couple of years with stories where Linus tries to convert a different character (Snoopy, Peppermint Patty, Marcie), he mostly just drops it. So, next year my Peanuts posts will probably be shorter...

Here's what I did this year:

:: Peanuts, 1964
:: Der Erlk├Ânig
:: Yotsuba&!
:: Peanuts, 1965
:: Verizon Commercial 2013
:: Peanuts, 1966
:: Peanuts, 1967
:: Peanuts, 1968
:: Scary Legs
:: The Day After Halloween

Happy Halloween, everyone!

1 comment:

Autumn said...

Happy Halloween!