Sunday, October 06, 2013

Song of the Week: "No Myth"

I remember when this song came out in 1989. At that time, I was pretty unhappy (parents divorcing, the least popular kid in school), and spending a lot of time by myself or running out to see Batman over and over again. Back then, VH1 was still pretty new, and they were supposed to be the more-adult-contemporary version of MTV. I liked a lot of the music, though--MTV was all house music at that point--and this was probably my favorite song that year. It was on the VH1 countdown for months. And this song, I don't know, it just made me feel okay. And it still does. I love this thing.

I actually didn't know until today that Michael Penn was Sean Penn's brother. Go figure.

2 comments:

Nik said...

Love Michael Penn, it's a shame his career never quite took off but his later albums are worth seeking out too. Did you know he's also married to Aimee Mann?

SamuraiFrog said...

I did; I thought it was funny that one of the videos they recommended me while watching this was 'til Tuesday's "Voices Carry."