Friday, October 18, 2013

New Muppets Holiday Special!

I'd heard the rumors, but now it's been confirmed that ABC will air a new Muppets special on Thanksgiving night, 28 November, called Lady Gaga & the Muppets' Holiday Spectacular. I'm extremely excited for anything featuring the Muppets, and even the news that Joseph Gordon-Levitt is going to be on it can't dull that excitement for a couple of specific reasons. One: more Muppets. Two: I've seen promo pics, and Pepe the King Prawn is in it, which I was getting a little worried about given his tiny cameo in The Muppets. Three, the Swedish Chef, Animal and Beaker are definitely performing "Deck the Halls" and "Jingle Bells." Four, RuPaul is appearing. Five, there's going to be a special preview for Muppets Most Wanted. And six, KRISTEN BELL IS GOING TO BE IN A SKETCH.

So, not just Muppets, but Kristen Bell and Muppets.

Kristen Bell.

And Muppets.

Kristen Bell with Muppets.

It's things like this that make it hard not to believe in an ordered universe. Something's listening to me.

Damn, I'm so excited to see anything with the Muppets, and a holiday special is just the kind of thing they're great at. The wait for Muppets Most Wanted is killing me a bit, so here's something to look forward to!

No comments: