Monday, September 30, 2013

Jimmy, the Roots, and the Muppets

I know people who just despise Jimmy Fallon to their core. I've always been pretty irritated by him, but I can't bring myself to really hate a guy who loves Muppets this much. As I've enthused repeatedly, the past six or seven years have really seen a group of comics and entertainers who have obviously been influenced by the Muppets helping to restore the Muppets to their place as comedy, not children's entertainment. And Fallon's definitely played a role in that, and I have to give that to him. Every time Muppets show up on his show, it's a delight.

So here's Jimmy, the Roots, and a whole bunch of Muppets singing the theme song from Sesame Street. Any day that starts this way has to be a good one.

2 comments:

Nathan said...

This is pretty awesome. Speaking of which, did you see Big Bird and Oscar on the Colbert Report?

SamuraiFrog said...

Yes! These guys have been everywhere lately, I kind of assume because last week was Jim Henson's birthday. Or because the new season of Sesame Street started pretty recently. Or maybe I'm wrong. Either way, it's wonderful to see so many Muppet appearances right now.