Sunday, August 04, 2013

Song of the Week: "They Can't Take That Away from Me"

This kind of music... I can't explain it. It just makes me feel like the world's a little simpler and less scary. This is the makings of a pleasant Sunday morning. After my weekly vacuuming, I did the crossword, ate a frosted strawberry donut, had some lovely coffee, and listened to Ella and Louis, one of the greatest albums ever. In the mid-fifties, Ella and Louis recorded three albums together for Verve, and they are all essential. At least to my way of living. (And they're wonderfully pleasant.)

Enjoy your Sunday.

1 comment:

Roger Owen Green said...

My favorite version of this song is Ella solo. I have it on a compilation album, but you might be able to identify it. Ella sings "off key, key, key" DELIBERATELY off key! I think it's HYSTERICALLY funny! Yet it showed how talented she was.