Monday, February 11, 2013

I Need This Batman Figure More Than I've Ever Needed Any Batman Figure Before

Until I saw this figure, I had no idea I needed it so bad. But there it is. The upcoming Mattel line of figures based on the 1966 Batman series look exceptionally great (though I can't wait to see what the Joker figure looks like), but this... this is just the icing on the cake. I adore it.

"Surf's Up! Joker's Down!" is my favorite episode of the series. And not because Batman wears board shorts over his batsuit and carries a surfboard around. And not because of the surf contest done against a cheesy bluescreen background. And not even because of the hilariously awful effects where you can see the wires as Batman and Joker are doing their surfing tricks.

No, it's really just because the Joker refers to Batman as "that hooded hodad."

You just can't bottle that stuff.

Is it too much to hope for a surfing Joker figure, too?

No comments: