Wednesday, January 09, 2013

The Best Egg Sandwich I've Ever Had

I came across this recipe via Tumblr, and since I've been wanting to cook more, I just went ahead and tried it out. I have to say, I was really surprised by how great it was. It's simple, it's low tech, and it is tasty as hell. I'm going to be making this one a lot in the future, I think, but I'm going to try and vary it a little. Not much in the house right now, so I just used two eggs and a square of mozzarella cheese, but I'd love to have it with a piece of bacon mixed in. I also don't have any bread in the house except for some Fold-It flat bread, so I just toasted that on the pan. The eggs and cheese were surprisingly rich and satisfying, and I think if I had an English muffin, it would have been just perfect. God, I love English muffins.

Not bad. I'm inordinately proud of myself for actually making something instead of just snacking. Tonight, I'm going to try and make chocolate mug cakes for dessert, so we'll see how that goes...

Seriously, though, if you've got 10 minutes, try this recipe, because it is delicious.

4 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

yum!

Devilham said...

I like that technique (folding the cheese into the center like that), never would have thought of that, as I normally do a fried egg (as opposed to a scrambled/omellette style as you did), but I'll bet the cheese was nice and gooey!

Autumn said...

Smitten Kitchen is probably one of my favorite cooking sites, if you ever get the urge to bake, make her graham cracker recipe. Oh it changed my life, it was so good. Although it ruined store bought for me. I've made her homemade marshmallows before also and used the combo to make microwave smores. Also her apple cake is fantastic, and her flatbread is super easy and delicious....etc.

Bob Rutledge said...

"The eggs and cheese were surprisingly rich and satisfying, and I think if I had an English muffin, it would have been just perfect."

You could add a piece of Canadian bacon to that and ... oh, wait.