Sunday, December 30, 2012

Song of the Week: "Saturn"

This seems like a very, very nice song to end the year on. It's hard to pick a favorite Stevie Wonder song (Jesus, there's so much perfection in that man's catalog), but this is in my personal top 5. Imagining an ideal life on another planet is lovely, but the music itself is just so... I hate to use this word, because it sounds cheesy, but uplifting. It seriously lifts me up. It grabs me right in the gut and just pushes me up to the sky. I can listen to this for the rest of my life. Hey, we narrowly avoided death this year, not really, sort of, but no, not at all. But still, give each other a break. Be nice. Make just living your natural high. More life. And all those wonderful words that we all mean, but shrug off. Fuck it, if you can't be overly sincere at the end of the year, what's the point of pretending anything ends?

No comments: