Thursday, November 15, 2012

Dear GOP Officials: Stop Talking

Maine GOP State Chairman Charlie Webster: "In some parts of rural Maine, there were dozens, dozens of black people who came in and voted on Election Day. Everybody has a right to vote, but nobody in town knows anyone who’s black. How did that happen? I don’t know. We’re going to find out [...] I’m not politically correct and maybe I shouldn't have said these voters were black, but anyone who suggests I have a bias toward any race or group, frankly, that’s sleazy."

Wait, that's sleazy?

Also: "There’s nothing about me that would be discriminatory. I know black people. I play basketball every Sunday with a black guy. He’s a great friend of mine. Nobody would ever accuse me of suggesting anything."

So... now you do know a black guy?

The Republican Party wants to fix its image problem. Not putting the really stupid, unfiltered loudmouths in charge might be a good place to start.

No comments: