Monday, October 22, 2012

Quick Aside: My Living Situation

My lease is up on the apartment I've lived in since 2001. It expires on January 1, but they want the intention to renew signed by next week. I know, because I just got an overly-polite phone call from the latest property manager asking me if I thought we were going to sign or not. They love to push deadlines on this property. Probably because they're used to dealing with college kids here.

I really hate being pushed into decisions. Becca's working two (it looks like it might be three) part-time jobs, and I'm a substitute teacher which is no guarantee of work. I'm filling out applications, but right now I've got just that. We're down to one car and no unemployment. So we're not a hundred percent sure we'll be able to stay, though we'd like to.

The property manager explained to me that after October 31 if someone comes in looking to rent a 2-bedroom and ours is the last one that hasn't renewed, they'll "have to" rent the apartment.

Don't threaten me, chucklefuck. I have until the end of this month. I have a week until you wanted me to even turn in the intent to renew. Don't you call me now and politely make demands of me and imply that you're going to just throw me out. I don't respond well to threats, no matter how poorly made, stupidly handled, or if you smile while doing so.

Yeah, okay. I'll renew. And then if I decide we have to move to a smaller, more affordable place, I'll just break my lease and you can eat it. But you just wait, because I want it to be a surprise.

Asshole.

1 comment:

Hobgoblin238 said...

I support you.