Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Halloween: Ranking the Funko Pop Vinyl Horror Characters

I was thinking about this when I saw a couple of these guys on Tumblr recently. I love the Funko Pop Vinyl figurines. (I only have two myself at the moment, but I'd love to have more, honestly.) They have four classic horror figurines (classic if you grew up in the era I did, anyway... man, I'd love to see them take on the classic monsters, though), so I just thought I'd rank them for no real reason than to see myself talk.

4. Michael Myers
I can hear people rolling their eyes at me, but other than loving the original Halloween and the remake (eye-rolling again), Michael Myers is just never going to be one of my favorite characters. I just don't find him that interesting. I feel the same way about this figurine. It's all subjective, anyway.

3. Leatherface
I really like the eyes and the mouth on this one. A lot of these Funko Pop figures don't have mouths, but this is a great use of one. I love the messy hair, too. Great grip on the chainsaw. I don't know if it's on purpose, but I like how the chainsaw looks like one of those Fisher-Price toys.

2. Jason Voorhees
This is just all-around a great figure, but what really sells this to me is the half-closed right eye. It's just the perfect amount of askew, and it makes the left eye look really focused somehow.

1. Freddy Krueger
As if there was any doubt. I'll always like Freddy best because they basically turned him into an ultra-violent Looney Tunes character. I love how this looks, with the texturing on the sweater and the big flesh eyebrows they've given him. Perfect. I'd love to add this one to my collection.

(Of course, I'd love to add about 25 more of these to my collection, but I'm way too broke for that. I'll be satisfied with looking at the pictures.)

4 comments:

Hobgoblin238 said...

Sorry but I hate the pops....Too cartoony for me.

Caffeinated Joe said...

Mine would go:

4. Leatherface
3. Freddy
2. Michael Myers
1. Jason Voorhees

Kal said...

I usually don't go for the cuteness of these types of figures either but the look of them and the style of the boxes charmed me. Plus at ten dollars each they are easy for some to collect. I have a nice set of the superheroes and my favorite - Mars Attacks and Boo Berry.

SamuraiFrog said...

Oh, I love that Boo Berry figure. I have the Bumble from Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and Dr. Teeth from The Muppets. I love how design-y they look.