Thursday, October 04, 2012

Hallow-meme 2012?


I like to do a meme (questionnaire, whatever) for Halloween every year. However, I am running out of variations of "What do you like to do for Halloween?" So I've decided I'll answer these 8 questions on this very rainy day, and if I don't find more to do, it's not like any of you are going to be upset about it, right? I think most of you know my Halloween preferences pretty well by now.

(1)  What's your favorite Halloween costume ever?

The last Halloween costume I ever wore was Zorro. That was pretty cool. I still have it, actually, including the whip (a real one, not one of those fake Indiana Jones branded noisemakers, ladies). I think my second favorite is probably my Shipwreck costume. Not really a costume; it was a pair of old bellbottoms, a blue shirt, a pair of gloves, and my friend's dad's old sailor hat. But it was a lot of fun to wear. I got to put on makeup and pretend I had a beard. Sixth grade.

(2)  What's your favorite Halloween candy (or other treat)?

My favorite candy to get trick-or-treating was definitely Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. That and Kit Kat. And Smarties!

(3)  Name the scariest book you've ever read?

Hmm... probably At the Mountains of Madness. I was really haunted, though, by the end of Treasure Island. Just the idea of being unable to forget and then waking up hearing that parrot. It always seemed such a dark note to end on.

(4)  Who's the best movie vampire ever:
(a)  Bela Lugosi
(b)  George Hamilton
(c)  Tom Cruise
(d)  Robert Pattinson

Is this a joke question? Christopher Lee.

(5)  Who'd win in a fist fight? Sookie or Bella?

I think fan fiction readers would be the real winners here.

(6)  Are you superstitious? How?

Not really. I'm pretty resigned to unavoidably bad shit happening all the time. One of the benefits of depression, he said derisively. That's a downer answer. But no, I'm not superstitious.

(7)  Frankenberry, Count Chocula, or Boo Berry?

In terms of taste, Frankenberry. If there was a fight... well, Count Chocula would just straight up murder Frankenberry. Frank's just too nice of a guy to put up much of a fight, and Chocula seems like an icy killer. But how would he kill Boo Berry? I mean, Boo's already dead, right?

I'd put my money on the Fruit Brute in a surprising but unsatisfying victory that will come out of nowhere in the final reel and seem cool at first, but which will on further reflection feel gimmicky.

(8)  Will you dress up this year? If so, as what?

No dressing up for me anymore. We don't get trick-or-treaters here, as I've lamented before. Maybe I'll throw on one of my pirate hats and get festive, but even saying that just seems kind of sad right now. But, you know, that could be the start of a new tradition for me. "Aaron's passed out with his pirate hat on and his pants around his ankles again. It's really Halloween!"

3 comments:

Caffeinated Joe said...

Great answers and I love the pic! Gonna copy and post on my Tumblr!

Caffeinated Joe said...

Done: My Halloween Answers!

SamuraiFrog said...

Love it! The blind referee gag made me laugh. And yes, I think all the monster cereals have been less sweet the past few years.