Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Alex Karras 1935-2012

I just read a few hours ago that Alex Karras was dying of kidney failure; now he's passed away surrounded by friends and family, which is the way all of us should get to go. Growing up in the 80s, I always loved Karras on Webster (he's a hell of a lot more likable than Webster) and in Victor/Victoria and hell, even on TV commercials. He was such a fixture, and I just liked him. His football days were too early for me to catch. I was curious to see how his case against the NFL was going to turn out. I just wanted to take a minute out of my day and acknowledge that I dug the guy.

2 comments:

Kal said...

He was such a great prescence on TV and could deliver the stupid lines they wrote for him by always giving a little bit extra.

Drake said...

And he was Mongo in Blazing Saddles.