Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Very Quick Health Report Update

I went to the doctor for a regular appointment this morning. They put me on that big scale and I've lost 24 pounds since the last time I was there in March. That makes me feel especially good for a few reasons. First, it's the first time I've gone to see Dr. Patel in a couple of years and my weight's gone down instead of up. Second, I lost a bunch of weight in June and then gained it back. The nurse thinks I must have crashed and lost it too quickly; she also thinks I don't eat enough (and I do tend to stick to two meals a day, generally) and that my body's holding on to all of it. But I've lost the first 24 pounds and I'm getting so much of a handle on being able to relax and not being so panicky.

I feel really good today.

7 comments:

Kal said...

Congrats buddy. You must be doing something right. I have had limited success in my own weight loss so I know the feeling.

Some Guy said...

That's excellent!

Caffeinated Joe said...

Congrats!

Devilham said...

Wow, 24 pounds is ALOT of weight, good for you!!

Uncle Burt said...

Regarding your 2 meals a day.
I am a diabetic and have been for some 30 years.
My medical consultants keep telling me to have as many meals per day as I can stomach, but to have snack-size portions most of the time, which my body systems can easily digest and thereby keep my weight under control.
I have been the same weight during the past 30 years, so it does seem to work.
If you only eat 2x/day, your digestive system gets jolts and may not be able to convert your larger intakes and the rest is turned into fatty tissue, which affects many organs.
But.... don't believe me, but consult any qualified dietician for further advice.

Burt Vance

SamuraiFrog said...

Thanks for the advice on that. It lines up with things I've read and been told on the subject, but I've never heard it quite put like that before. That makes a lot of sense to me.

I always had a problem in junior high and high school because my Mom never bought enough food and seemed to only go shopping begrudgingly, so I never had anything to make myself lunch with. Consequently, if I didn't have some change squirreled away, I pretty much never ate lunch. As a result, I just became used to eating twice a day and still have a tendency to do that. Obviously this hasn't really helped me; both meals tend to be too big. I really need to start fixing this.

Matt said...

What wonderful news! Good for you!