Thursday, August 23, 2012

My 25 Favorite Dog Breeds

Today in pointlessness: my favorite dogs.

25. Skye Terrier

24. Finnish Lapphund

23. Dachshund

22. Keeshond

21. Greater Swiss Mountain Dog

20. Hamiltonstovare

19. Great Dane

18. German Shepherd

17. Cairn Terrier

16. Alaskan Eskimo Dog

15. Chow Chow

14. St. Bernard

13. English Foxhound

12. Bloodhound

11. Boston Terrier

10. American Staffordshire Terrier

9. Alaskan Malamute

8. American Mastiff

7. Basset Hound

6. Boxer

5. Pug

4. French Bulldog

3. Pembroke Welsh Corgi

2. Black and Tan Coonhound

1. Bulldog

4 comments:

Chris said...

Nice list! In my experience, chows are cute but vicious, but that could be the owner.

My favorite (though I wouldn't want to own one - too much dog) is a Newfoundland: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newfoundland_(dog)

In the "dogs I would actually own" I like the terriers, particularly the Russell terrier (nice size) and the Airedale terrier (looks like a teddy bear.)

Jon K said...

Glad my favorite, boxers, made the cut! My dog Krypto is a white boxer!

Autumn said...

I lived with a boxer for about 5 years and she is the best dog I have ever met. We just today picked up our new puppy (not on your list, a King Charles Cavalier) so this is oddly relevant to me today!

I love that you have a lapphund on there, I love them and they never seem to make a lot of best dog lists.

Roger Owen Green said...

Golden retriever, in my experience, is the best dog ever.

My next-door neighbors have some sort of terrier, and she barks at me every time I ride my bike up my walkway, or roll a garbage can down my walk, or, yesterday, carried a large piece of wood to throw out. Dumb owners always seem surprised too. (I was surprised by the wood, myself.)