Monday, April 16, 2012

"It's a jumpsuit. My grandfather in Florida wears them all the time because he's too lazy to put on pants."

This weekend I started what's basically become my annual re-viewing of the entirety of Freaks and Geeks, my second favorite TV series ever. So I was pretty thrilled to accidentally discover today that the AV Club did a feature last week where, in five parts, they did a walkthrough of the entire series with creator Paul Feig. Pretty good stuff; if you're a fan and you haven't checked it out yet, do so. The first part is here.

5 comments:

Will said...

I tried watching the show when it first came out but it brought back very painful memories for me of high school, Not very nostalgic for those years.

SamuraiFrog said...

Feig talks a lot in the interview about wanting to make the audience cringe, and there is a lot of that. I think what makes the show so great, even cathartic at times, is that it's very emotionally honest about high school. It's not a nostalgic caricature like That 70's Show. That's probably why it only lasted the one season, but what a perfect season.

R.Hamilton said...

I have never heard of this show and I'm glad I came across your post, I've been looking for something new to watch and this looks great!

The Pretentious Know it All said...

I'm so glad Feig waited to get the licensing rights for the music before he released the DVDs. I know people were annoyed they had to wait so long, but I love how integral (in a very organic, non-cloying way) the music is on this show. One of the best series ever.

Roger Owen Green said...

It was a great show, though I admit that I haven't seen it since it first aired. Glad it holds up.