Thursday, March 29, 2012

This World Is Just a Cloud of Assholes

If you are one of those people who seriously thinks that casting Amandla Stenberg, an African-American girl, as Rue in The Hunger Games "ruined" the movie, made her death less "sad," or made her character seem "less innocent," then you are a racist. You just are. You are an absolute racist, because your comments imply that you find black people untrustworthy, that you can't feel empathy for someone another race than your own, and that you can't deal with the cognitive dissonance you get when your default Caucasian setting is disrupted in some way.

Seriously, you're a racist. And I don't appreciate seeing your bigotry in the world of fandom. How the character's race plays even the smallest role in the story, I don't see. How you can't deal with it, I understand even less.

Oh, and to you racists prefacing your racist tweets with "Not to be a racist, but..." or "I'm not a racist, but..." or anything similar to that: yes. Yes you are. You're the biggest ones.

Fuck you and your racism.

12 comments:

Phillip A. Ellis said...

I'm with you all the way, Mr Frog, and I agree with everything you say here. *hugs*

Hobgoblin238 said...

I disagree. It doesn´t make one racist despite how much you may believe. When the cast the Kingpin a WHITE character for 30 years as a black man in Daredevil...It is wrong. Would it be racism to cast a white man as Martin Luther King in a bio pic? I am sure you will delete my comments but to turn a blind eye to everything so as not to appear as a racist is racism in itself. But hey...You hate Seinfeld AND twins. Your argument is invalid.

MC said...

Samuel L Jackson vs David Hasselhoff as Nick Fury.

One is much more awesome than the other. Therefore, YOUR argument is invalid.

Kelly Sedinger said...

People were complaining about a black actress being cast to play a character who was specifically described as black in the book. Do try to keep up. You won't end up looking like a five year old who got into the paste so much if you do.

SamuraiFrog said...

I do love the equating of a fictional super villain with a person of actual historical existence, though. Come on, why would I delete such a hilarious example of racist apologia? You've made my point for me!

SamuraiFrog said...

Also, the "taking notice of a person's offensive racist outpourings is actually the worse act of racism somehow" argument is always solid. SOLID.

Roger Owen Green said...

Kelly is right

MC said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_nd8jC1p9E

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Let them talk so we can flush everyone who thinks this way out in the open.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Hear, hear.

Johnny Yen said...

Thanks SF for leaving the idiotic comment up. It gave me great mirth!

I don't know much about The Hunger Games other than my daughter loved the book and is looking forward to the movie, and the fact that there's been a controversy over the casting. If the character being black makes her death "less tragic," yes, that is indisputably racism. And appalling.

Uncle Burt said...

I am a racist too.
I really like Formula 1 races.