Sunday, March 18, 2012

Song of the Week: "Hunger"

I've had this going through my head for a while, I guess mostly because Becca was doing Transformers: The Movie on her cult movie screencaps tumblr. When they made the animated Transformers movie in 1986--still one of my favorite movies from the era, no matter how dopey it is at times--they were apparently under the delusion that they were making Heavy Metal and gave it a similar soundtrack to that film. Somehow, it totally works. This is one of the first cassettes I ever bought with money I earned--around the same time I also bought Then & Now...the Best of the Monkees and Dare to Be Stupid. I listened to this one until it wore out. I'm not sure why it's specifically this track by Spectre General that's been getting my mental space this week, but here it is.

2 comments:

Nathan said...

Hey, Weird Al is on that soundtrack!

SamuraiFrog said...

Haha, yes! Yeah, I only owned three cassettes in the world and two of them had "Dare to Be Stupid." That's very me of me.