Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Boy... My Penis Sure Hurts When I Urinate

ME: You know, if there's one thing I'm sick of hearing this year, it's "V-Day." Like Valentine's Day needed some kind of hip edge because "Valentine's Day" sounded too stodgy.

BECCA: It's to remind you not to get venereal disease.

ME: Or of vaginas.

BECCA: Excuse me, I don't know how things are in your mind, but every day is Vagina Day.

Happy Vagina Day, everyone.

(Note: I couldn't help it with the post title. Every time venereal disease gets mentioned, that's right where my head goes, to a line I've been quoting since I was 12. It's from an episode from the REAL Saturday Night Live--aka the first four seasons--that Michael Sarrazin hosted. The sketch is called "Josh Ramsey: VD Caseworker" and, well, you throw that line at a 12 year-old boy and he's going to remember it the rest of his life.)

3 comments:

Penh said...

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who'll remember that line forever!

Matt said...

When it's Bill Murray delivering the line, and when he can't get through it without smirking, you haven't got a chance.

Nathan said...

"V-Day" just makes me think of V-E and V-J Days.