Saturday, January 28, 2012

Ian Abercrombie 1934-2012

Another British actor I like, Ian Abercrombie, has passed away this week. The notices I see refer to him as being "best known" for stuff I care not one scintilla for, such as a role in Seinfeld (a show I roundly despise) or as Alfred on Birds of Prey (I wasn't even aware the character was on this show, much less the actor). So I also wanted to point out that I love him in things I'm sure you don't care about, such as Army of Darkness, and most recently as Professor Crumbs, my second favorite character on Wizards of Waverly Place, and as Chancellor Palpatine on Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Oh, and one of my favorite episodes of NewsRadio, as Bill's gentleman's gentleman.

Sorry to see him go.

2 comments:

Hobgoblin238 said...

You despise Seinfeld? I am so sorry. I cannot read this blog anymore.

SamuraiFrog said...

You'll live.