Monday, January 30, 2012

Happy Endings

I've just finished the first season of Happy Endings after a few recommendations. I don't have a ton to say about it, other than I really dig the show. It's consistently very funny and has a clear vision of its characters, both of which are way too rare on American sitcoms these days. I didn't like Community, The Office took a flying leap off of my radar, I haven't made it a point to watch The Simpsons in several years, and I can't believe anyone seriously thinks that Glee and New Girl are funny. So I have another current comedy that I actually quite enjoy. I think that brings the total up to six now. Seven if you count Sanford and Son reruns.

3 comments:

Professor Chaos said...

Yeah, the Office should have shut down when Steve Carrell left (or maybe a year or two earlier) and the Simpsons has been shitting on its own legacy for a decade now. I haven't heard about happy endings, will have to check it out.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I was not a fan of Happy Endings because it seems so forced to me. I find little to laugh at these days besides, 'Two Broke Girls'. and 'Parks and Rec'.

Kelly Sedinger said...

I've actually found The Office more enjoyable this year than the last couple of years prior...losing Carrell (as much as I love Steve Carrell) has forced the writers to re-explore their characters somewhat.

I have a half-baked hypothesis that The Office started to go astray when the writers decided that Dwight needed to beat Jim once in a while.

(Never seen Happy Endings, though....)