Wednesday, December 28, 2011

My 10 Favorite Movie Posters of 2011

10. Because, come on, it's a poster of Tomar Re.

9. I think that's creative. The background is very pretty and distracts from the fact that this poster has Owen Wilson on it.

8. Still doesn't make we want to see this movie, but I like the greyscale and the way the image is kind of imposing and intriguing at the same time.

7. I like how the girls' dresses and the wallpaper blend together; reminds of old Coles Phillips art.

6. I still haven't seen this, so I don't know if the movie does any justice to the sexual origins of the Red Riding Hood myth, but this poster sure gets the idea: she's a blood clot in a sea of virgin white.

5. Just too pretty. One very beautiful woman playing another.

4. I doubt the movie lives up to this image, but for just a moment, damn, this is Conan.

3. Icy beauty and alienation, like the film itself.

2. Of all the posters for The Muppets, this was my favorite. Just a little peek from Kermit, a hi-ho there. Simple and, for a Muppet lover like me, very effective.

1. I love the way this is formed from codes and numbers... that's just really cool.

Previously: 20102009200820072006

1 comment:

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I hope you will give Adjustment Bureau a chance. It really is a thinking man's sci fi movie with a pretty cool philosophy to get behind. Plus Emily Blunt is magic.