Sunday, November 20, 2011

Song of the Week: "Say You'll Be There"

Why not, eh? Man, I used to dig the Spice Girls. Yes, I was older than the target audience was supposed to be, but let's be frank, music in the nineties sucked. I was not into the grunge scene, or the house scene, or the techno scene, or whatever the hell was going on with the swing music, so there were slim pickings on the radio in those days if I wanted to listen to anything that sounded remotely like the pop and New Wave I grew up with. So yeah, I dug the Spice Girls. They were fun.

2 comments:

The Pretentious Know it All said...

Amen. I used my allowance to buy the first two Spice Girls albums the day they came out. What of it? Come at me.

Matt said...

I DJed a friend's same-sex wedding in the UK earlier this year, and was surprised to discover that the Spice Girls are apparently still huge among gay English men our age. I mean, assuming that wedding was a decent sample.