Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Creator Commentary This Week

In simpler terms...


FRANK MILLER: The stereotypes who buy my comic books are occupying Wall Street, and this pleases al-Qaeda somehow. Get a job, even though unemployment is rampant! Join the Army, even though I never served in wartime! Go establishment, even though I come from a union background because my parents were working class! I hate Islam! Get off my lawn!

MARK MILLAR: Mark Millar here. I'm just going to Mark Millar my Mark Millar here, and Mark Millar that even though I don't Mark Millar with what Frank says, I, Mark Millar, am going to Mark Millar him because he used to Mark Millar great comics three decades ago. Frank was just Mark Millaring his Freedom of Speech, and even though you're Mark Millaring your Freedom of Choice by choosing to boycott his works in response to what he said, Mark Millar thinks you're not being very fair, because I clearly don't Mark Millar how democracy Mark Millars very well. Also, I hate it when people on the internet aren't talking about how Mark Millar Mark Millar is. MARK MILLAR!

ROB LIEFELD: Me am great, but people on internet no like me. Me no understand why internet no love me for my inability to draw anatomy. But me say me am great, so you believe me, internet.

6 comments:

JP said...

http://davidbrin.blogspot.com/2011/11/move-over-frank-miller-or-why-occupy.html

bwana said...

Don't "stereotypes who buy my comics" just steal them off the internet?

SamuraiFrog said...

JP: Thanks for the link! I didn't even realize David Brin had a blog.

Bwana: Apparently not, since Frank Miller's gleefully Muslim-gutting Holy Terror was the number one selling comic two weeks ago.

mad photog said...

Man, David Brin does an epic smack-down on Miller over there.
JP: Thanks for the tip, also.

MC said...

Ooh... Alan Moore got into it too.

http://www.iheartchaos.com/post/13791943480/alan-moores-response-to-frank-millers-rant-about-ows

SamuraiFrog said...

I love it when Alan Moore gets dismissive.