Thursday, November 24, 2011

And an Extra Happy Muppety Thanksgiving

This is Kermit reporting on the Kermit balloon at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in 1977. Love this picture. Kermit was, naturally, always my favorite balloon at the parade; I had to see Kermit and Snoopy. Ha, and today I've offered you Kermit and Snoopy. Didn't intellectualize that!


Anyway, if you're taking the family to a movie today, might I recommend The Muppets? And if you see it, let me know what you thought, because I'm desperate to see it and can't afford to go yet. Everyone seems to like it, which makes me endlessly happy.

4 comments:

mad photog said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

I remember the Muppet Show from the 70s & almost all of the movies were great (or at least pretty good)! So the new one is on my list.

Gus

Devilham said...

I have recently turned my 5 year old son onto the Muppets.....and he loves them to bits!!! We went and saw the movie yesterday and he can't stop talking about it! As a Muppet fan myself, I can say wholeheartedly that it was an excellent entry into the Muppet cannon, just a great movie (but bring a tissue, it's a little sad). We are just about done with watching season one of the series (Nate's already memorized the song), his favorite part is when Gonzo hits the gong (or toots the horn, or whatever he is doing that week) at the finale of the theme song, and then something invariably goes wrong....he loves that bit. He also won't stop singing the very first skit of the first Muppet show episode, which is 'Munanama', good stuff...the boy has good taste.

Roger Owen Green said...

Saw it tonight (loved it) with the wife (who loved it) and the daughter (who didn't seem as enthused, yet wanted to see it again).
Agree with Devilham - there is one specific moment and I thought, 'This will make the Frog cry." Maybe because I was a little weepy myself.

SamuraiFrog said...

Gus: I can't even remember when I first became aware of Muppets, but my first word was "Ernie." I can't imagine them not being around anymore.

Devilham: That's wonderful. I was 5 when The Great Muppet Caper came out. I remember we would watch the show every week around dinner time. That's great that you've introduced your son to the Muppets!

Roger: I was crying watching The Muppet Christmas Carol last night on the Hub! Glad you loved it!