Monday, October 24, 2011

Halloween: My Favorite Title Card of All Time


Every time I see this, it brings me back to the first time I ever saw the movie. I was already about 20 years old, and I'd never seen it. Back when it was either out of copyright or thought to be out of copyright, Blockbuster were selling copies they had manufactured for five bucks. So I picked it up and took it home, and sat in the cool dark with my window open and a light breeze, no sound coming from outside, and just experienced this movie.

This was the moment I knew I was in for something good... that a jack o'lantern, the orange letters, and the ominous piano music alone could make me expectant and apprehensive.

Damn, this is a good flick.

3 comments:

Caffeinated Joe said...

It is a great flick, and it is my favorite movie, of any genre. Just love it.

Michael said...

May I recommend Halloween 3: Season of the Witch?
I prefer it to the formulaic slasher film that has taken over Hollywood.
Hell yeah, it's campy but
It has a few really good scenes in it
that make it an above average horror flick...Dan O'Herlihy has this fantastic dialogue towards the end where he talks about the origins of Halloween and what it SHOULD be all about, just tremendous. Not as good as Carpenter's best film, The Thing, but it does have its moments.

Professor Chaos said...

My all-time favorite horror movie!