Monday, August 29, 2011

Just Go Home, Elise

Yip yip yip yippy yap yap yap I'm a leader, bitch.

The only reason Elise made it to the final 5 over other, more talented cooks (I'm thinking specifically of Jamie) is that the producers of Hell's Kitchen are subscribing to the bullshit Prevailing Wisdom that every reality shows needs an antagonist; a Puck or an Omarosa. I don't know who finds that fun to watch, but I'm sure not one of those people.

Elise is awful, and she's a shitty cook, and the fact that she's still on just because she's the court jester makes everything else that happens on this show completely inconsequential.

3 comments:

Penh said...

And every time she doesn't get sent home, it just proves to her that she's AWESOME. I can't imagine how completely insufferable she must be behind the scenes by now. Here's a tip: as the percentage of people around you who think you're an asshole approaches 100%, the odds that they're wrong drop precipitously.

It was painfully obvious right from the first episode that most of the contestants didn't have a chance in hell of winning, and even the few who seem at least somewhat competent (Jennifer and Will) would be crushed by any real competition. As much as I enjoy seeing Ramsay yell at people, I might just be done with this show.

SamuraiFrog said...

What really sucks is that I watch Ramsay's British shows on BBC America and they're so much more interesting and far less phony. It's really a shame what the American shows have become.

Well... what I should say is it's a shame the American shows have become more obvious about it.

Jaquandor said...

Here's a tip: as the percentage of people around you who think you're an asshole approaches 100%, the odds that they're wrong drop precipitously.

I'm stealing this.