Wednesday, July 13, 2011

TV Report: Midsummer Blah

I haven't been watching too much current television lately, and a lot of what I have been watching, I don't have much to say about. MasterChef is just as self-serious as it was last year, Teen Mom is as whiny yet oddly compelling as ever (by the way, did you know teen pregnancy is down to its lowest levels in a couple of generations?), and for some reason I'm just not enjoying Futurama as much right now.


I do, however, very much enjoy True Blood. I just can't help it. Somehow, the dumber this show gets (and it keeps managing to), the more I love it. It's like a gay redneck supernatural sex soap opera written by children, but I love the damn thing. I think I've really crossed over into liking something ironically, which I'm not really comfortable with, but oh well. I dig it. And I just want to say that the new, post-witch's-spell Eric is as lovable as a puppy dog. I don't care about anyone else, I just love this guy.

Also, so happy to see the start of another season of Curb Your Enthusiasm. And Louie.

2 comments:

Kal said...

'Curb' was a full steam ahead bat-shit crazy with Larry at some of his most clueless and selfish. He brings out such amazingly funny reaction out of all kinds of different people. Nothing better than Suzie Essmen ripping into Larry with one of her patented full on obscene rants. It really is the only thing that ever shuts him up. This is the last season. I would have liked them to do a story where she is murdered and everyone from Larry to her husband is a suspect. They could get lots of ghoulish miles out of that concept.

SamuraiFrog said...

Oh my goodness, I would watch the shit out of that.