Friday, July 29, 2011

He Can't Even Get the Votes

Oh, Boo-Hoo Boehner, how will your giant penis substitute ever help you now?


I've really been trying to not rant about politics on this blog so much, but after months of frustration the schadenfreude is just too damn good a release. Boehner couldn't get all of those votes he claimed he could get. After constant claims that Republicans and Teapublicans would just rank-and-file behind whatever he wanted, he couldn't get the votes for his debt limit plan.

It looks to me--or maybe it's just my dream-fever of a hope--that the future here belongs to Democrats and moderate Republicans who are willing to negotiate. I like to think of this as a clear message to the radical conservatives Boehner is the mouth of to shut the fuck up and do their jobs. I'm probably wrong, but just for a moment, I'd like to imagine that's the case.

Either way, it's refreshing to see Boehner in a lose-lose position. He can either abandon the Teatards and radical idiots and follow the moderates, as he should have done all along, or he can completely fail to pass a bill and watch the ensuing market panic as America defaults. Either way, he probably won't be Speaker for the long-term, so that's something I'm perfectly okay with.

Weak tea, Mr. Speaker. Weak tea, indeed.

2 comments:

Kal said...

Oh the very weakest of teas. You really shouldn't resist from posting on these issues. I for one follow the stupidity in your government so this development is particularly sweet to me as well.

Tallulah Morehead said...

OMG. John McCain called the Teabaggers "Hobbits," and said they could return to Middle-Earth. JOHN McCAIN. My Dog! Gandalf has turned on Frodo! (Admittedly, the Teabaggers are a lot more like Gollum than Frodo, more Dildoes than Bilboes.)