Tuesday, June 07, 2011

This Is What Sarah Palin Calls Gotcha Journalism

“And in a shout-out, gotcha type of question that was asked of me, I answered candidly. And I know my American history.”


No she doesn't. She knows she doesn't. If she did, she wouldn't have said the stupid shit she did. To paraphrase Hank Hill, did all of those words fall out of her mouth at random, or did she mean to say that?

What I especially hate about Sarah Palin, is that I'm convinced she knows she's ignorant and that she's in over her head. She's in this for the celebrity and the power. I don't think she knows in her heart why she wants to be president at all. I think she just wants to do it because she thinks she can. It's like winning America's biggest pageant for her, and she can trade it in for another reality show deal or a fluff position with a publisher or become a Fox News anchor or something. She panders to the most ignorant of the Teatards and Republicans because that's the quickest way to win. She's an unprincipled hypocrite, and I think she knows and doesn't care.

So she'll cry "gotcha journalism" at anyone who puts her in a position to reveal her true ignorance, because she can't win on ideas or political debate or anything but her media whoring (and, of course, the media plays their part with the eagerness of a puppy starved of affection--she denigrates the media, yet without them, she wouldn't exist).

What a parade of idiots politics is.

6 comments:

The Frog Queen said...

I could not agree more.

Cheers!

Jaquandor said...

I can barely stomach following American politics anymore. I've just about given up completely. I've already stopped reading what few political blogs I was still reading, and I've hidden all the people on Facebook who insist on posting insane political crap. I just can't see participating in any way in a country that puts the likes of Sarah Palin front and center, a country that refuses to even admit that certain serious problems are BIG problems, a country that is opting for increasing stupidity.

I hope the Chinese get their shit together and move humanity forward, because I am 100 percent certain that the US isn't going to do it.

Devilham said...

And that is pure distilled truth right there SF. Well said

Roger Owen Green said...

if anything, I am more troubled by analyses - I read one 30 minutes ago that I fortunately deleted- that suggest that we hate Sarah Palin because we are hypocritical liberals who can't stand the thought of a strong woman. I happen to like powerful women, but not inane ones.

Immodium said...

Was trapped in a car with some AM talky-type guys (Limbaugh, etc.) today just falling all over themselves in attempts to somehow spin this out of SillyVille. "See, she's right! After Paul Revere was captured, he did warn the British... about us, so there!"
Hell, a broken clock is right...
I'm just so disgusted with all of it right now.

Tallulah Morehead said...

I am in total agreement.

Other "Gotcha" questions:

What is your name?

What is your favorite color?

What is the Capital of Alaska?

(And we all know what Paul Revere was REALLY doing! "The British are coming! The British are coming!" Perv!)