Wednesday, May 18, 2011

New LEGO Games!

For the most part, I'm really enjoying LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean. My only real complaint is... well, it's the same as with the movies themselves: too many damn characters falling all over each other making it confusing and irritating to get from point A to point B. And, like the films themselves, it's hard to figure out what's going on, if anything. There are levels where it's taken me several minutes of stumbling around just to figure out where I'm supposed to be.


But I do enjoy the game, and I like how the LEGO Captain Jack Sparrow staggers and swishes around.

We've also been playing LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars, which is easily my least favorite of the the LEGO video games. It just gets repetitive and dull; too many levels which are nothing more than two gigantic armies lumbering after each other, making it fairly annoying to try and complete more of the puzzle aspects and put together the pieces you need to find the minikits. Not near as well thought out as the other two LEGO Star Wars games.

2 comments:

Lee said...

I'm currently playing Lego Batman (well I was before LA Noire came out) and I love the Lego games - I played the Indiana Jones one before this one and just picked up Pirates and Harry Potter today.

I figure even at their worst these games seem like A LOT of fun!!!

Now I wish they'd do a Ghostbusters one!!!

SamuraiFrog said...

I have a list in my head of Lego games I'd love to play, but I confess I never thought about Ghostbusters... now it's all I want!