Sunday, May 15, 2011

More Small Steps in Personal Growth

Today my Dad drove out here to pick me up so I could help him put my sister's remaining things in storage. She's still in Australia, and she needed to get the rest of her stuff out of her old house. It was the first time someone had driven me on the tollway since about 1996, so that was interesting. But I got over it after about 10 minutes or so.

I never could've done that a couple of years ago. That felt like a triumph. I'm really getting over this stupid thing.

3 comments:

Jaquandor said...

Wow! At this rate, by July you'll be on the Dan Ryan during rush hour. (Although, from what I remember last time I was on the Dan Ryan at rush hour, for a lot of it you won't be afraid at all, because the car won't be moving.) But congrats! Every breakthrough is a building block.

Megan said...

You got this. I believe in you. And I am so not just saying that. Because how else will I ever get the two of you out here to visit me?!?

jaundicedi said...

Good for you for refusing to be the Doctor in "City" by Clifford Simak! Thanks for putting out a pretty cool blog too.