Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Elizabeth Taylor 1932-2011

2011 has claimed another of my favorite actresses of all time. The first news story I saw this morning was that Elizabeth Taylor has died. I know she'd had health problems pretty much her entire life, but it still saddens me that she's now really gone. I have nothing to say about her personal life or her marriages or whatever; really just that she was perhaps in my top 5 of the actresses who most moved me with her performances. She may have been my wife's favorite actress, actually. Just some sad news this morning.

1 comment:

Kal said...

I may not have liked her later in life wierdness and strange actions with the likes of Michael Jackson but in her younger days she was a force of nature. Johnny Depp said it best when she visited on his boat in the South of France - "Now that lady is a real broad. They don't make broads like that anymore." I agree with him.