Wednesday, February 09, 2011

BP Cares

I'm beyond disgusted with these new BP commercials that are all about how wonderful and magnanimous BP is for cleaning up after their gigantic oil spill.

Seriously, this would be like if, through negligence, I let my neighbor's house burn down, then was ordered by the government to pay for the rebuilding of the house, and then wrote an editorial for the local paper about what a wonderful guy I am for rebuilding my neighbor's house out of my own pocket. Yes, I care about the neighborhood and deserve accolades, even when it's just me giving them to myself.

Give me a break.

Meanwhile, BP successfully lobbied to get convicted Lockerbie bomber Abdelbeset Ali Mohmed al Megrahi out of his life sentence and exchanged over to Libya after Libya threatened to pull out of oil deals. International terrorist convicted of murdering 270 people? Who cares, it's getting in the way of profits!

I'm sure we won't see commercials about that, though.

No comments: