Thursday, February 17, 2011

Adrianne Palicki as Wonder Woman

At least they finally cast somebody.

I don't know. I liked Adrianne Palicki a lot on Friday Night Lights, but I can't say I want to see her play Wondy. I'll wait and see, of course.

My real problem is that the idea of David E. Kelley in charge of a Wonder Woman series sounds just as bad to me as a Wonder Woman movie shepherded by Joss Whedon did, so I'm not expecting anything good. I'm expecting sub-Smallville combined with the WB's embarrassing attempt to redo Tarzan a few years ago. Or Bionic Woman. Christ, I hope they don't jump off of Joss Whedon's idiotic "coming of age story" idea and make something like Ally McWonder Woman...

4 comments:

SkylersDad said...

Yummmm

Kal said...

David E. Kelly can't do superheroics. It's going to be about a girl with superpowers who loves a boy. I already heard about the two friends she was have with her - like 'Sex in the City' or 'Smallville' like you said. The good thing is that the second this show comes on it will not get the ratings since true fans of the character will not show up and those who have a periferal interest in the character will soon see if for what it is. I would like to have hope for this one but I really don't. Let's see how the costume looks - or will it be costume-less like 'Smallville'?

sanford said...

You might be interested in this article by Alan Sepinwall. He has concerns about Kelly as well

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-alan-watching/posts/adrianne-palicki-as-wonder-woman-when-brilliant-casting-happens-to-horrible-scripts

big homie said...

i'm in.