Friday, January 21, 2011

The Subtle Presence of Evil in the Hundred Acre Wood

I thought this was a cute poster. A lot of the animation snobs online didn't like it. They all said this one was much better:

But to me, this was has a sinister undertone. I ask you: why is the specter of the Horned King looming over Pooh and his friends, poised to strike?

To wit:
Seriously, I don't know what's going on in this movie, but if Pooh pulls out a sword and throws down with the forces of black magic, this is either going to be the worst or the single best Pooh adventure of all time.

4 comments:

reezb said...

I like them both. And I find the first one with only Pooh and Piglet to be more intimate, and so, more awesome!

Jay Amabile said...

that is an amazing find! I never saw that until now! I love Black Cauldron!

SamuraiFrog said...

reezb: I agree. I'm not sure what people didn't like about it.

Jay: Me too! I always thought that was a damn underrated movie.

Mr. Mike D. said...

Hey Mr. Frog...

I am a Big fan of your blog!!! I am reposting this tomorrow. We have a mutual friend in Cal from the Cave of Cool. I have been following you for a while now... hope you will check our blog out (and maybe add us to your blog roll)!!!

www.culturalcompulsivedisorder.blogspot.com