Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Just a Note

Becca actually drove me to the store and back again today. It was a little more gingerly, as the brakes on the car are really starting to go--we're trying hard to get those fixed--but I was a lot calmer this time. I didn't freak out, didn't have to recite the Litany Against Fear, and didn't have to steel myself before I got in the car. I still couldn't watch the road--I pulled the hood of my jacket over my face--but I got through it.

Can you imagine if one day I got to the point where I preferred that she drive? Because things used to be that way, 15 years ago.

Still building. Still going. Feeling good.

8 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

good for you! my problem is quite the opposite, but i can relate.

James said...

James here.

Awesome, man. =)

Carl said...

Way to go!

Glenn Whidden said...

All right! Keep up the good work.

Devilham said...

keep it up SF, you'll get there

MC said...

Keep pushing on the boundaries of your comfort zone.

I'm proud of you.

jaundicedi said...

Well done!

Mob said...

Sweet. Glad this is going well for you.
:-)