Friday, December 17, 2010

The Meme of Destruction

Via Jaquandor.

1. What do you add to your coffee?

Some variation on cream and sugar. Sometimes it's sugar, sometimes it's Splenda. At various times, it's cream, Half & Half, milk, or custard nog.

2. What are you reading now?

I'm reading The Painted Bird by Jerzy Kosinski, a book I've wanted to read since high school and, for whatever reason, never got around to it. I also just finished the new, non-young adult version of Cherie Currie's Neon Angel: A Memoir of a Runaway.

3. Do you own a gun?

No, but I keep trying to talk Becca into letting me get an air rifle or a paintball gun for when parties in the complex get too loud...

4. Are you registered to vote?

Yes. I'm not registered as either a Democrat or a Republican.

5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments?

Not anymore; I've got a nice doctor now. I get nervous before they weigh me.

6. What do you think of hot dogs?

I love hot dogs. My favorite are Hebrew National, which I like to steam in beer or ale. We've also been occasionally getting some hot dogs that are made with Colby Jack cheese and jalapeno. Those are really good for making chili dogs.

7. Favorite Christmas Song?

"O Holy Night," Nat King Cole.

8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning?

I usually have water or Kool Aid or juice or something.

9. Can you do push ups?

Not as well as I could when I was in junior high. Unless you mean the frozen novelty that Fred Flinstone shills, in which case I can do a lot of those. I haven't in a really long time, but that's what I always used to get from the ice cream truck when I was a kid.

10. What was the name of your first boyfriend/girlfriend?

I guess Jenny was my first semi-real girlfriend. We weren't serious (but we thought we were, like all over-dramatic teenagers), but she was the first girl I went out with more than a few times and actually called my girlfriend.

11. What’s your favorite piece of jewelery?

I don't wear any. Does a watch count? Because I used to love to wear my Mickey Mouse watch. I need to replace the battery, but the woman at Wal-Mart won't do it for me. She claims it's now Wal-Mart policy that they won't change watch batteries unless the watch is a Wal-Mart watch, despite the fact the watch was bought at Wal-Mart. What the hell is a Wal-Mart watch, anyway? So at this point I'm used to just not wearing one.

12. Favorite hobby?

Music, movies, books, and making lists. I'm big on the lists. What that shows about me, I don't know.

13. Do you work with people who idolize you?

Some of the younger kids seem to be easily fooled into thinking I'm awesome.

14. Do you have ADD?

I don't think so--SQUIRREL!

15. What’s one trait that you hate about yourself?

That I'm very quick to anger. In the past, this used to manifest itself by throwing things without looking where I was throwing them, hitting things, punching holes in walls... I'm a lot calmer now, and I feel much better.

16. What’s your Middle name?

Robert.

17. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment.

"I can't wait for dinner."

"I'm glad it's sunny today."

"Didn't I used to have a rabbit?" (He must be sleeping in Becca's bathroom, which is his favorite place for earnest afternoon napping.)

18. Name 3 things you bought yesterday.

Nothing, nothing, and most of all, nothing.

19. Name 3 beverages you regularly drink.

Water, Kool Aid, coffee.

20. Current worry right now?

Money, bills, money, car, money, bills.

21. What side do you dress to?

What does that even mean?

22. Favorite place to be?

Inside.

23. How did you bring in the New Year?

In my sleep, I think. I can't remember, but New Year's isn't really a big deal to me.

24. Where would you like to go?

Oh, lots of places. But I miss every one.

25. Name three people who will see today.

Anyone with the vision and the will, man.

No comments: