Friday, December 03, 2010

Hell's Kitchen

What bugs me the most about the four chefs left on the show is that all of them have been willing to send food up that they clearly know is not ready. You don't have to be a genius to see that halibut isn't cooked. You have to be some kind of an idiot to cook risotto for weeks and then try to put up risotto that's barely even cooked. Come on, guys: you're all grown-ups, you need to take some kind of responsibility for the food you cook. I think, even though it hasn't quite been explicitly verbalized, this is the real source of Gordon's frustration: that even down to four chefs, they're still putting up undercooked food just to put up something, and then laying on him the responsibility of telling them whether it's acceptable or not. You know it's unacceptable, geniuses. When you put up unacceptable food, it makes you look inept at best. At worst, it makes you look like you're trying to put something over. Both are damaging.

Right now, all I want is for Russell to not win. Fucking mental patient, cracking his knuckles and telling Trev he's going to beat the shit out of him. I'm sick of his attitude. I don't want it rewarded. He's such a pussy; he just can't take being second-guessed or overlooked, he can't deal with people, he's an arrogant ass. I don't want to see him as one of the final two. And like everyone here, he doesn't own up to his mistakes. He's accountable for nothing because, I guess, he never makes mistakes and has nothing left to learn and eating anything he cooks is a privilege. Fuck him.

Last notes: Nona's baby is adorable. And I loved Jillian's son asking if Gordon had called her a donkey.

2 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

the problem I have with too many of these reality shows in general, and the current TV Guide notes this, is that time of the show's broadcast bears no relation to the amount of time things take to happen in real life. So bad (and good) decisions have to be placed in that prism.

Drake said...

I don't think any of the four deserve to win. I do enjoy how they edit the show, when the 2 ladies and russell the psycho sneer and trash talk Trev they f*ck up worse than Trev did. I think Gordon should sack them all.