Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Film Week

A review of the films I've seen this past week.

TRICK 'R TREAT (2009)
You know, there just aren't enough good horror movies that use Halloween iconography. This one may not be perfect, but I had so much fun with it that I just didn't care. Girls in sexy Halloween costumes, werewolves, serial killers, trick or treaters, pumpkins, urban legends, creepy kids, the scary old guy whose house no kid goes to for candy, this movie has all of those things in several interconnected stories that jump back and forth in time on one Halloween night. I can't believe this thing sat on the shelf for two years; it is one of the most enjoyable Halloween movies I've ever seen, and one destined to become an annual staple in my house. I'd love to see even more of these, honestly. More installments, please. ***1/2 stars.

No comments: