Monday, November 01, 2010

Kristen Bell Mondays

“I’m not a risk taker. I don’t do plunging necklines or really short skirts. I try to stay as classy as possible and provide a little mystery.”

:: "I, like every other stupid American, assumed the kangaroos would meet us at the airport and they would want to hug us as much as we wanted to hug them."

:: “I’m carded for R-rated movies. And I get talked down to a lot. When I try to go rent a car or buy an airplane ticket or other stuff adults do, I get ‘Okaaaaaay, honey.’ I remember when I was 18, getting crayons in a restaurant.”

:: "This is not to be cocky, but, I go over real well at Comic-Con. I've done quite a few Comic-Cons, and I enjoy the hell out of them. They are so much fun, and so bizarre. I've done the FX Show in Florida, Wizard-World in Chicago, Comic-Con in San Diego, Wonder-Con in San Francisco, the Comic-Con in New York, and I've done them numerous times."

::
"I'm very used to playing the tomboy or the sarcastic cynic. That's my go-to. Playing the vulnerable of a real girl that's in real womanlike situations, where it's romanticized, I'm a little nervous about it."

::
“I pushed myself way too hard during the first year of Veronica Mars and I got moody and run-down. Now I’ll go to bed early instead of going out with friends. It’s not always the most fun option, but I know I need at least eight hours of sleep to feel balanced."

:: "I did find out about the koalas and how eucalyptus makes them high and why they sleep all day. They're little druggies."

:: “I go on YouTube, because it makes me laugh, and I check my e-mail. That’s all I do.”

:: "I'm not in the business of becoming famous. And that's the advice I give to younger aspiring actors. Work onstage and do the little roles. In the end it's not important to be seen. It's important to do. There's a lot of disappointment in this business, but my family keeps me grounded."

::
"When I see something unjust, I have to intervene - it's hard for me to watch the underdog suffer."

:: “I don’t think I have the stomach Veronica has. I think I have the determination and the stubbornness and a little bit of the go-get-em. But I think I’m about 20 percent more girl than Veronica is. There’s a lot of Veronica that hits home with me, the sort of feisty area. But I think that I have a little bit more girl. I’d scream my head off if I saw a body in the freezer.”

:: "I'm not homely enough to play the nerdy girl and not nearly pretty enough to play the pretty girl."

::
"I'm empathetic to a fault. I really do - embarrassingly enough - tear up when someone squishes a bug in front of me."

:: "I like the satiric, consistent nice guy."

:: “I’m an awful driver. I’m not going to lie about it. I’m not a good driver. I tried for a long time to pretend that I was. There’s a lot of road rage and a lot of times it’s directed at something I’ve done on the road.”

:: "I love nerds. Comic-Con junkies are the tastemakers of tomorrow. Isn't that funny? The tables have turned."

::
"I loved Catholic school. I didn't like being beeped at by old pervs at the gas station because I was wearing a plaid skirt, though. It's like, do you think I'm going to stop and give you my phone number?"

:: "I'd do pretty much anything to get back on stage."

:: "Cute is great but you get it a lot and you want to scratch your face off. It's like, I'm not fucking cute, you fuck. I am a woman and I am voluptuous."

:: "I rarely wear clothes when I'm home by myself. I love making breakfast naked. But you've got to make sure the gardener's not coming that day."

4 comments:

Jaquandor said...

I'll worship you for quite a long time if you produce a photo of her wearing overalls.

daveawayfromhome said...

"I love making breakfast naked."

That's geek-bait, that is.

Kal said...

Your admiration of her has passed over to me know. I love those pictures of her in the boots that you used for your new header. She has that timeless look that will never change. I so want her to be Harley in the next Batman movie.

Nathan said...

Jaquandor: I can't remember where I got this in the first place, but: http://vovat.tumblr.com/post/1579177994/kristen-bell

No pictures of her making breakfast naked, though. Maybe someone should bribe the gardener. :P