Saturday, October 09, 2010

I May Have Unfollowed You

It's not because I hate you, or am bored with you, or you pissed me off in some way. I've been having some kind of weird problem with my Google Reader for a couple of weeks now, and I can't stand it anymore. So I'm unsubscribing from everything and using my very sloooooow Google Reader only for sites that post a ton of picture sets or entire issues of old comic books.

I exported my subscription list and have moved the other blogs I follow to Firefox's Sage add-on, so I'll still be reading everyone on an RSS, but I'll just be doing it on one that doesn't take me hours and hours to load and sort. I guess Google Reader's just gotten to that point that almost every web service does, where functionality becomes a secondary concern.

Anyway, if I've disappeared from your followers, it's just because I'm clearing out the stupid Google Reader and moving my subscriptions to a service that's easier to use (read: actually usable). I just wanted to let everyone know because I know how annoying it is to see your follower count go down.

6 comments:

MC said...

I have to look into that, because bloglines is closing down, and I need a replacement, and Google Reader just doesn't float my boat.

Kal said...

I apolgize for adding so much to your reader due to my mutant prolfic nature.

Drake said...

My blogger is goofed up, i can't add or remove followers. Picture uploads are still impossible but then i post everything to Tumblr.

SamuraiFrog said...

MC: I had a backup on Bloglines; I was disappointed to go over to check it for the first time in a year and see they're closing down in a couple of weeks.

Google Reader worked great for a couple of years, but then it just slowed down to the point where it slowed down everything I had open on my browser.

Kal: Hey, I like all that stuff.

Drake: I wonder what the problem is with your Blogger. I saw some other people were having problems because the new Design or Layouts or whichever was full of bugs.

Sleestak said...

Bloglines is closing in a few weeks, which I have been using forever. So goodbye clean simple reader and hello bloated, spammy, social networked attempting, link-filled google reader. Bleh.

SamuraiFrog said...

You forgot advertisement-ridden, too. Oy.