Friday, April 16, 2010

TV Fandom Meme

Picked this one up off of Tumblr and thought I'd give it a go here.

Pick five of your favorite shows, in no particular order, before you read the below questions, then answer them!

1. Freaks and Geeks
2. Farscape
3. Doctor Who
4. Star Trek
5. Veronica Mars

01. Who's your favorite character in 2?
Aeryn Sun. One of the best characters in SF television history, and probably the best woman character in all of SF TV.

02. Who's your least favorite character in 1?
I don't think I have a least favorite character in Freaks and Geeks. The characters are all so well-developed. I can't really pick one. It was a perfect show.

03. What's your favorite episode of 4?
"The City on the Edge of Forever." But you knew I was going to pick the Harlan Ellison episode, didn't you? I also have great love for "Amok Time" (the first episode of Star Trek I ever saw, which hooked me right in at the age of 10), "Balance of Terror," "This Side of Paradise" and "A Piece of the Action." So there's a top 5, I guess.

04. What's your favorite season of 5?
Definitely Season 2. The deepening of the Veronica/Logan relationship, more emphasis on Mac, all that Charisma Carpenter... fantastic season.

05. Who is your favorite ship in 3?
I'm not a shipper when it comes to Doctor Who.

06. Who is your anti-ship in 2?
If this means what I take it to mean, I still have... no idea. But that's the thing about a well-written show.

07. How long have you watched 1?
Well, sadly, Freaks and Geeks only had one season. I first saw the whole thing on DVD a few years ago, and I've since watched it a couple of times.

08. How did you become interested in 3?
In 1996, when the Paul McGann Doctor Who TV movie came on. It sparked my interest in the mythos, especially since I was sharing an apartment with a guy who was an enormous Doctor Who fan and really urged me to check out the older series. I can't remember what the first story was I saw... I think Becca and I rented some videos, and some were lent to us by friends, and since then, we've been big fans of Who.

09. Who's your favorite actor/actress in 4?
Leonard Nimoy.

10. Which do you prefer: Show 1, 2 or 5?
Well, I love them all, obviously. But I'd say Farscape is my favorite TV show of all time.

11. Which show have you seen more episodes of, 1 or 3?
Well, Doctor Who by default. We're talking one season vs. 31 seasons.

12. If you could be anyone from 4, who would you be?
Dr. McCoy. Because I'm cranky like that.

13. How would you kill off your favorite character in 1?
What an... odd question... Freaks and Geeks isn't the kind of show that really lends itself to those kinds of discussions. My favorite character is Lindsay Weir, and I don't want her to die. She's a good kid.

14. Give a random quote from 1.
"Everyone's a Democrat until they get a little money. Then they come to their senses!" Harold Weir, one of the best TV dads ever.

15. Which character from 5 would be a good guest star on 2?
They could've used Mac onboard Moya, right?

16. Would a 3/4 crossover work?
Doctor Who and Star Trek? Absolutely. I'm sure there must be fan fictions out there of this happening.

17. Pair 2 characters in 1 that would make an unlikely but strangely okay couple.
I could definitely see Kim and Lindsay finally getting it on.

18. Has 5 inspired you in any way?
No, it just kept me greatly entertained.

19. Overall, which show has a better cast, 2 or 4?
I think both shows have great casts for what they did. I do think Farscape was much better at utilizing the entire ensemble, though.

20. Which has better theme music, 3 or 5?
Doctor Who. That middle 8 section is my favorite thing ever.

1 comment:

Jedediah said...

Farscape was great and I've always loved that they never had characters with nothing to do, like Star trek tends to have.
And since you asked for it STOS meets Doctor Who fan fiction. Yes, there's also fiction for the other ST series.