Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Negativity Meme

Via Cal

Foods which disgust the crap out of me: Pork is pretty gross. Ham is gross, too. (Yet I love bacon.) Kiwi made me puke once.

TV show I loathe: I just saw an episode of Will & Grace for the first time, and I'm almost sorry for every negative thing I ever said about Two and a Half Men. That show may be brain-damagingly stupid, but Will & Grace is the most shrill, awful, and unfunny thing I've ever seen.

Movie I loathe: That would be a very long list, really. That's a separate post.

Music genres I loathe: Christian "rock," which has nothing to do with rock and all seems to be weirdly about how badly the singers want to fuck Jesus.

Magazine which annoys me: Maxim is pretty stupid, which is why it's so maddening to see Playboy trying to emulate it. Entertainment Weekly's lists piss me off, but it does make good blog fodder, so there's that.

Makes me cranky at restaurant: Obnoxious diners. I don't want to hear about your awesome party, especially when you're obviously still drunk.

Makes me cranky in public: When people who don't know where they're going walk in front of me, especially if they slow down or come to a full stop. I need a shopping cart with a battering ram on the front of it.

Makes me cranky in general: Telemarketing calls.

Pisses me off at home: My downstairs neighbors. My across the hall neighbors. My building next door neighbors. Any time is a good time to play pounding music far louder than it needs to be, apparently.

Pisses me off at work: Kids who are willfully stupid. Like they're proud of their ignorance. Those are the ones who need to be drowned before they grow up.

Pisses me off in general: The proud stupidity of America, it's resistance even to the change it claims to want, and the way politics has so poisoned daily life that no one can politely disagree on anything anymore. The drive in America to judge everyone's lifestyle and make sure everything's okay with absolutely everyone so that no one has privacy and nothing ever gets done anywhere. And that people seem to be okay with it.

Celebrity I hate: Oh, they all piss me off at some point or another.

Music artist I hate: Most of them, it seems like. I really can't narrow it down, but I'm especially annoyed with today's crop of Rob Thomas/Train/Nickelback/Daughtry crap-rock.

I could care less about: People who like something before it gets popular and think that earns them some sort of authenticity as fans of something. All over Tumblr I see "I liked Owl City before they were on the radio" or "I liked Lily Cole for years before she was in The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus" or "I liked Jon Stewart when he was on MTV" and I have to wonder what exactly that's supposed to do for them and for me. What the fuck do I care?

Blogger's habit that annoys you: I hate the way everyone acts like everything on the internet is content with some commercial value. Not always, guys, not always.

Feature on your blog you hate: I hate that I've used up 97% of my picture storage space over the last 5 years.

Movie star you despise: Again, there are too many to name. But Tom Cruise and Julia Roberts are a good place to start.

Politician that you hate: All of them.

Beverage you hate: I don't care for alcohol.

2 comments:

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Create another blog author for your current blog and you can get around that picture storage problem. I did it on mine. Sometimes I'm Dr. Monkey and sometimes I'm Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein. You can have up to 100 blog authors on one blog so you'll never run out of picture storage.

Roger Owen Green said...

I HATE that meme. I'll have to do it, probably in February, the "love" month.