Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Disney Meme

My political rantings are frankly irritating me and making me feel drained, so I'm going to do this meme I found on Tumblr and get my mind back on frivolous things where it belongs.

Also, I'm keeping this questions limited to animation films instead of the entire Disney output. Just streamlines it. Not that anyone's really interested.

Which Disney Princess film is your favorite?
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. Although I did just love The Princess and the Frog quite a bit.

Which non-Disney Princess Disney Film is your favorite?
Bambi. I still think Disney's first five films (Snow White, Pinocchio, Fantasia, Dumbo, and Bambi) are the best ones.

Which Disney film makes you cry the most?
When I first saw Beauty and the Beast it destroyed me. Honestly, I think I've cried in about 95% of the Disney animated films, but I think Beauty and the Beast may have been the worst. That's a story that just connects with me, and especially seemed like my story when I was 15 (ugly, awkward guy who wants to be loved but is too angry and hurt to be open to it). Also, The Fox and the Hound makes me bawl.

Which Disney film makes you the happiest?
Lilo & Stitch. "This is my family..."

Which Disney film has the best music?
Bambi. If you listen to the score of Bambi on its own, it's like a series of tone poems. (Well, Bambi has the best original music; the two Fantasia movies have the best music overall, but come on: Stravinsky, Beethoven, Respighi, Shostakovich, Gershwin, Tchaikovsky...)

Which Disney film has the best love story?
They're all pretty good, but I tend to enjoy the post-feminist heroines a little more, so I'm going to say Pocahontas. Also, Pocahontas was one of the movies Becca and I saw together the first year we were going out, so there are a lot of other feelings I associate with that movie. I also dug The Princess and the Frog as a love story, because the two characters involved were so strongly drawn.

Who is your favorite Disney Princess?
I guess, in terms of pure drama, I like Pocahontas, assuming she still qualifies.

Who is your favorite Disney Prince?
The Beast.

Who is your favorite Disney animal sidekick?
Jiminy Cricket.

Who is your favorite Disney main character animal?
Stitch, if he counts. If not, then Bagheera from The Jungle Book.

Who is your favorite villain?
Long John Silver from Treasure Planet. But Long John Silver is one of my all-time favorite literary characters, so it was no contest.

What is your favorite Disney song?
"When You Wish Upon a Star" from Pinocchio. I realize that's entirely predictable.

What is your favorite Disney villian song?
"Hellfire" from The Hunchback of Notre Dame.

What is your favorite Disney animal song?
As in, song sung by an animal? Well, not repeating my earlier answer for favorite song, I like "Best of Friends" from The Fox and the Hound.

What is your favorite Disney Princess song?
"One Song," from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

What is your favorite Disney Prince song?
You know, I'm not even sure who's a Disney Prince at this point, anyway.

What is your favorite Disney Prince/Princess duet song?
I guess "A Whole New World" from Aladdin. It also sounds really good when Nick and Jessica sing it. My problem with a lot of Disney "musicals" is that they're not really musicals very often, but movies with songs added into them that don't advance much. I'd like to see them do more true musicals more often.

What is your favorite Disney love song?
"I Bring You a Song (Looking for Romance)" from Bambi.

Huh. Just sort of stops there.

No comments: