Thursday, December 10, 2009

Harry Potter Meme

Found via Tumblr, this Harry Potter meme is kind of lame, but I'm also really, really bored this morning, so here we are.

01. If you went to Hogwarts, which house would you be sorted in?
I believe that's for the Sorting Hat to decide.

02. Have you ever been to a Harry Potter midnight book release?
No, but my wife has. She works in a bookstore.

03. What did you think of Deathly Hallows?
I thought it was a perfectly satisfying end to the series. And I did cry. A couple of times.

04. How many times have you reread the books?
I've only read each book once. Maybe one day I'll read them all again. It would be nice to go straight through the whole series with a different perspective of knowing how it ends.

05. Whose death was the saddest?
Snape's.

06. If you went to Hogwarts, would you rather have a pet owl, cat, or rat?
Owl. Never had one.

07. What did you think of the movie Half-Blood Prince?
I think it's been the best one so far, honestly (other than Prisoner of Azkaban). I think Warner Bros. took the criticism that Sorcerer's Stone and Chamber of Secrets were too "exact" and "unimaginative" too seriously and have over-compensated since by trying to make the movies too rushed. Part of the reason I liked Half-Blood Prince so much is that it slowed down to let the kids be kids and the characters be characters instead of whipping around from plot point to plot point, which I think was really to the detriment of Order of the Phoenix.

08. What do you think of Deathly Hallows being split in half?
Honestly, I think it could easily be a mistake, but it depends on where they end the first half. Is the second half going to just be a long battle scene?

09. Have you read The Tales of Beedle the Bard?
No, and I don't really have plans to.

10. When did you first become a Harry Potter fan?
1999. I was 22 or 23. Becca had discovered the books right before the third one came out (she got an advance reading copy at work which she still has) and pushed me to read them. I was hooked right away and have been a fan ever since. It's kind of neat, because I got to be amazed by how popular they suddenly became and was very excited by the movie being made.

Favorites
Female Character? Luna Lovegood
Male Character? Harry
Professor? Remus Lupin
Death Eater? Lucius Malfoy
Magical Creature? Buckbeak
Spell? Expecto Patronum
Quote? Any of Dumbledore's variations on "it's our choices, not our abilities, that make us who we are."
Book? Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Movie? Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Hogwarts House? Gryffindor, I guess
Place? Hagrid's cabin
Weasley? Ginny
Couple? Hermione and Ron

No comments: