Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A Note Regarding Vegetarian Hygiene

Look, I don't want to get into a discussion of ideology here. I just want to say this: just because you're a vegetarian doesn't mean you don't have to bathe.

I'm not accusing every vegetarian of this. And, based on the vegetarians I know, I'm not even accusing most vegetarians of this. But there are some of you, and you know who you are.

Oh, no, wait, you don't know who you are. I can tell, because you go outside of your own house reeking like low tide. Seriously, being a vegetarian doesn't automatically make your body stop making stink. It's still a human body, and it needs to be washed. Oh my God, take a shower.

Oh, and you guys who are into the whole "earthy" thing, where you think stinking is perfectly natural and beautiful. Yeah, we started civilization and society to get away from you guys. It's not "beautiful." It's impolite.

I don't want to have to tell you again, guy at the co-op.

Just a note from your friendly neighborhood SamuraiFrog.

3 comments:

ljsargent said...

I wonder if the guy at the co-op is vegan rather than just vegetarian as they tend to be a little more hardcore about stuff like that.

Speaking as a sweet smelling vegetarian I don't think there is anything in most vegetarian ideology that prevents one from bathing and taking care of BO business.

There are plenty of earth friendly products out there!

SamuraiFrog said...

The guy at the co-op may have been a vegan. I have, though, had an alarming number of vegetarians tell me that because fruits and vegetables are natural, they don't have to shower as much. How wrong they are. Slathering on a half-container of patchouli every day doesn't cover it.

Mayren said...

omg LA is full of these types!
At first the guy/gal looks great then you walk by and it's like open war on your nostrils. truly disgusting. You know there are organic and biodegradable products now and they are even in your own friendly neighborhood grocery store.

blech the smell.