Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Happy Adopt-an-Actor Day!

Today is the day Splotchy has designated as Adopt-an-Actor Day! Nearly two years ago, Splotchy created the Splotchy House Adopt-an-Actor Program, and there are many actors out there still looking for good homes. I myself have adopted four actors in the past--Man Man Clancy Brown, totally PJ Soles, Ashley Jensen, and Billy Dee Williams--but there's no need for you to take in so many. I have the room; I am the Emperor of Mars, after all. But on this special day, won't you take a look at the adoption roster and see if you want to add someone of your own?

In the spirit of Adopt-an-Actor Day, I'm going to take the unprecedented step of adopting a fifth actor. And, as some have done, it's an "in memoriam" pick:

The late, great David Rappaport, a favorite of mine. A terrific, underrated actor, he was excellent as Clancy Brown's co-star in the great parts of The Bride, as Randall in Time Bandits, and even as Lynn's elegant (yet murderous) brother on an episode of Mr. Belvedere. I'm proud to welcome him to our Martian home, but I'm never going to ask him what a Fetumsch is.

3 comments:

Splotchy said...

Nicely done, man. He has been added to the roster. I didn't know he had died. Bummer.

SamuraiFrog said...

He actually killed himself, too, back in '89 I think.

Roger Owen Green said...

Victor Garber - http://rogerowengreen.blogspot.com/2009/03/im-adopting-victor-garber.html