Tuesday, July 17, 2007

See Anything You Like? TOTALLY!

Today is not only my birthday, but the birthday of an American cult icon who is turning (*ahem* It's not polite to divulge a lady's age) years old today.

Ladies and gentlemen, Pamela Jayne Soles.

P.J. Soles, seen here as Norma in Carrie, is one of my favorite actresses ever. She's just so damn likable, and I was fortunate enough to see her movies when I was entering a certain time of being very, very into girls. If I could go back in time, I'd just jump back to the late seventies and make P.J. Soles my girlfriend. Have to get on that one of these days...

You totally (TOTALLY) remember her from Halloween, I'm sure. And she was also in Stripes.

And, as I've blogged about before, Riff Randell from Rock and Roll High School is the movie character I most wish I could marry. I love you, Riff!

So, this is all preamble to me saying that, much like Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein and Becca, I'm filing a second application with Splotchy's Adopt an Actor campaign. They have two, and I couldn't resist having another.

My second adoption: ladies and gentlemen, once again, P.J. Soles.

Now she's got a good home, I say we curl up on the couch with some popcorn and watch Halloween for our birthdays.

3 comments:

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Yay! She's great and I love love love her too!

Splotchy said...

Fantastic choice!

If memory serves me, there is a special feature on the 25th anniversary DVD where a couple cast members (I think P.J. Soles was one of them) revisit the old Michael Myers house.

Splotchy said...

Oops, you could probably guess what I was talking about in the previous comment, but if not, I was talking about that 25th anniversary DVD of Halloween.