Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Rob Zombie Movies Kick Ass

Without a doubt, what I'm most looking forward to in Grindhouse (a movie I'm looking forward to so badly that I can hardly sit still when I think about it) is Rob Zombie's faux-trailer for Werewolf Women of the SS. The only way I could be looking forward to this more is if it were a whole feature of its own with substantially more running time for my darling Sheri Moon Zombie.

So, here's a collection of some of the pictures which have been going around.

Sheri Moon Zombie as Eva Krupp

Sybil Danning as Gretchen Krupp

The two of them together.

Sybil with Udo Keir as Franz Hess.

Sybil with Bill Moseley as Dr. Heinrich Von Strasser.

Udo Kier and Tom Towles.

Kier, Moseley, and Towles.



I said it before, and I'll say it again: I AM SO HARD FOR THIS MOVIE. And I haven't even seen the Werewolf Women yet... And, bizarrely, Nicolas Cage is going to play Dr. Fu Manchu? Fu Manchu, Nazis, werewolves, Sybil Danning and Sheri Moon Zombie?

Did a whole cloud of awesome just rain on me?

I cannot wait for this movie. I hope it's incredibly awesome; it's already been hella fun just with the previews and the anticipation. Eli Roth and Edgar Wright are also doing fake trailers in the movie, and the cast for this thing includes Kurt Russell, Marley Shelton, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Michael Parks, Naveen Andrews, Rosario Dawson, Michael Biehn, Rose McGowan (with machine gun leg!!), and two of the coolest human beings alive, Danny fucking Trejo and Tom Savini!

Also, Rob Zombie is currently at work on the remake of John Carpenter's Halloween. I'm not hugely into these horror remakes (especially when it comes to a classic like Halloween), but I liked House of 1000 Corpses, and I loved The Devil's Rejects, so I have faith in Rob. I have faith in him the same way I have faith in Peter Jackson and Terry Gilliam. He makes great movies.

Here's Tyler Mane as Michael Myers.

And in the middle there is Scout Taylor-Compton as Laurie Strode.

It's interesting that Rob has cast real teenagers, although it sadly reduces the chance that there will be tits in this movie. Man, when did people stop putting tits in everything? Of course, no one in this movie is going to be as hot as P.J. Soles was, so maybe it doesn't matter.

Halloween also stars Malcolm McDowell as Dr. Loomis, with William Forsythe and some real horror veterans: Ken Foree, Dee Wallace Stone (I can't tell you how much that excites me to see her still in horror), Brad Dourif, Udo Kier, Adrienne Barbeau, and once again, Danny fucking Trejo!

How did Rob Zombie get the directorial career that I always wanted? Oh, right, the work thing.

11 comments:

Johnny Yen said...

It helps that career along considerably when your father is a bigwig with the Chicago Tribune like his is.

SamuraiFrog said...

I was under the impression Rob Zombie's father was a furniture maker from Massachussets. Explain, please.

colin said...

Dude - I finished some work on Rob's "Haunted World of El Superbeasto" cartoon feature not too long ago. It may be one of the better shows I've ever worked on. It's gonna be funny as hell. Paul Giamatti as Dr. Satan is about all I need to say. Fak it - I'll send you some top secret art when I get a second.

In the meantime here's me with Mr. Zombie himself (scroll to the bottom):
http://cartooncolin.blogspot.com/2006_08_01_archive.html

Angela said...

If I had a dick, it'd be hard, too.
Rob Zombie's a fucking genius.

SamuraiFrog said...

Colin: Excellent; that's another movie I'm looking forward to. I loved the stories in Rob Zombie's comic book, so I can't wait for the movie.

Angie: You rock, babe!

Johnny Yen said...

In an interview in the Trib, the reporter mentioned that Rob's father was an executive there, and someone else in the know mentioned it as well. I may be wrong... the memory's getting imperfect in my mid-40's.

SamuraiFrog said...

Weird. I can't find anything about it, but it seems so strange.

Of course, I'm not sure what kind of sway the Tribune has over Zombie's kind of music...

MC said...

Blame the PG-13 rating for limiting the amount of wonderfully gratitous exposed flesh in movies.

SamuraiFrog said...

I can't, though; there are still a lot of R-rated movies with nothing doing. Man, back in the old days of horror...

MC said...

I miss all those teen/young adult comedy T+A shots myself since it isn't what it used to be.

Granted, I've had wet Phoebe Cates emerging from that swimming pool to tide me over for quite a while.

SamuraiFrog said...

That was a more fun time. Ah, Phoebe...